WIC has 3 area locations:Green Cove Springs
301 South West Street
160 SW Nightingale St
1st, 2nd, and 4th Wednesdays (By Appointment Only)
3229 Bear Run Blvd, Building B (Tuesdays & Thursdays by appointment) and 1st, 2nd, and 4th Wednesdays (By Appointment Only)
- Healthy foods
- Nutrition education and counseling
- Breastfeeding support
- Referrals for health care
VisionTo safeguard the health of low-income women, infants, and children up to age 5 who are at nutrition risk by providing nutritious foods to supplement diets, information on healthy eating, and referrals to health care.
Deliver the highest quality services in the nation with integrity and respect to 100% of funded potential WIC eligible population as measured by health outcomes.
Appointments are made by calling 904-272-3177 or 904-529-2800 and selecting option 2. Please leave a message if we are not able to answer and we will return your call within 24 hours.
Important Note: Before visiting any WIC office, please verify office hours by calling us. Office hours and walk-in times may vary.
Eligibility is by appointment only, for women who are pregnant, breastfeeding or have just had a baby, and their children up to the age of 5 years old. There is a family income limit, but working families may qualify.
Total Household Income (before taxes and deductions) must be equal to or below the following amounts:
WIC Income Guidelines (Effective 6/15/2020)
For a pregnant woman, each unborn baby counts as 1 extra person in the household size.
|Size of Household||Monthly Income Before Taxes and Deductions|
Each year, these dollar amounts may increase.
Applicants might be income-eligible for WIC if they or other persons in their households are currently receiving Medicaid, Food Stamps or temporary cash assistance (TCA). Please use this prescreening tool to determine your WIC eligibility.
What to Expect
- Appointments generally last between one and two hours
- One-on-one nutrition counseling and assessment from a licensed nutritionist or qualified professional
- Information about nutrition and health to help you and your family develop healthy eat habits and lifestyles
- Breastfeeding support and information for you and your baby
- EBT card for nutritious foods
- Referrals for other health care and community services
What to Bring to a WIC Certification Appointment
- The child or baby that is being certified on WIC
- Identification for everyone that has an appointment (ex. photo ID, baby's crib card, shot record, social security card, etc, )
- Proof of income if you are NOT on Medicaid, Temporary Cash Assistance or Food Stamps (ex. paystubs, etc)
- Proof of address (ex. Drivers license, utility bill, etc.)
- Child's updated shot record
- Your WIC EBT card (if you are currently participating in WIC)
- CHILD SUPPORT ENFORCEMENT (CSE) - CSE helps find missing parents for child support. For more information or help. 1-800-622-KIDS
- FLORIDA KIDCARE- Affordable health insurance. 1-888-540-5437
- BEAR RUN CLINIC offers free childhood immunizations.
- MEDICAID, FOOD STAMPS, and Temporary Cash Assistance.
- Florida State WIC
- Clay County Breastfeeding Support Resource List